Saturday, June 15, 2013

Peeves and Picnics

The hubs and I ventured out to take the sd and friend out into the great unknown  Southend Catholic church picnic. As I grow older I learn more each day, since no one reads this blog, I will share my thoughts from last night. Shhhh it's a secret!

Here is the top 10 things from this life's lesson (in no particular order.)

1) There really is "no need to argue, parents (or should I said parent) just don't understand." Thank GOD this is true!

2) "No" is a complete, absolute answer and subject conversation ender.

3) God spared me from being a mother due to the fact that I would commit murder if my child dressed like a Lil hoochie. *side note: Young ladies, TRUST ME! That guy you are attracting, dressing like a hooker on the stroll will not buy you diamonds and pearls and if he does, he won't be going to Jared, he'll be going to De Prez!

4) Leopard print does NOT look good on everyone.

5) Apparently there is a direct connection between gambling, the divine and the phrase "winner, winner, chicken dinner!" Who knew?!?

6) If I can't win, I'd rather not play....anything!

7) I am no longer skillful at subtly watching people.

8) Teenagers still hang at McDonalds and in parking lots, doing what "seems" to be absolutely nothing.

9) I don't ever want to experience a hang over again! I do not even want to imagine how some of those folks feel today. #grateful 😇

10) My name is Lisa and I'm addicted to gambling....but ONLY IF I win! 😫 Good thing I hardly ever win. Still love the ponies though.

That  pretty much sums up last evenings lesson. 

Oh what will this evening bring? Need to get positive about the festivities before me, or my next entry on lifes lesson may could include shoving sharp hot daggers in my eye, and that would definitely suck!
Geez just reading that makes me realize I'm being quite the pessimist today. Where is Mr. Rogers when you need him?

Putting on my happy face 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment