Friday, June 7, 2013

Mohawk Drive

Alright I have to be honest, when I first visited the house on Mohawk Drive, I wasn't really that crazy about the house itself. 
First of all the spindles in the foyer HAVE to go (eventually)! The laminate flooring has mysterious grown on me, although I am praying that Doug and I can agree on a nice rug to cover the majority of it, until we can afford real hardwood to replace it.
What has happened to me?  I have found myself to be quite the materials snob as I have aged. I am a tile, hardwood, and Berber carpet kinda gal. Who knew?

However the more visits I make to this get away from the city spot, the more I love it! Regardless of the spindles which still have to be replaced eventually and the laminate floor. I am super excited to move into this place and for Douglas and I, to make it ours! It won't happen over night, but it will happen and I'm certain of it! 
The house inspection came back fairly clean and our appraisal is next! Hoping to find that it appraises well beyond what we have offered for it. I will finally have a basement and Doug will eventually have his man cave!! Needless to say I'm exited! What a beautiful life we have!
That is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment