Monday, May 17, 2010

Family Court

11:10 am I have been sitting in the same cold chair for over an hour. Mix of emotions over come me hitting me in waves like crashing the rock shoreline. In my left ear chatters of custody battles, abuse and revenge. In the other tails of another romance gone bad and theories of deception and lies. "How can I hit him below the belt?," the women across the row says with a smile on her face. "This is nothing but a huge money pit. I've been here six times in the last month'" a husky young man with tattoos shattered across his arms. Skulls, daggers, snakes and naked women. Am I judgemental? Absolutely.
All the madness of love gone bad mixed with the jovial echoes of the innocent bystanders. They come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. The courthouse has become their playground. Much like myself in my younger years, only the tone is a bit different for them. I hung on the coat tails of my fathers three piece suite and became a regular in the offices that filled the halls where my only motive was to get the mystery flavored dum dums, butterscotch candy and a validating smile that let me know I was successful in being one of the cuddliest visitors of the day. Those were not melancholy days for me and maybe for these children the truth is unknown that it is yet a very sad story line that describes their visit to the courthouse. I can only hope their ignorance in this current act of life maintains and is not as influential to them as my childhood was to me....good times.
How the hell did I get here? I only pray that I learn my lessons and when the marry go round comes back, I will be able to recognize the ugly pig that is ever so inviting with attractive colors of pink and gold...so exciting! Instead, next time choose a seat that does not need my validation to make it feel special or worth the ride. Something a little less exciting...comfortably boring if you will maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment